The Tubes (Prog Rock, Glam)
1. The Tubes – Young And Rich (A&M Records – SLAM 64580) made in Italy 1976 original first pressing LP | vinyl: NM (mint-) | cover: NM (mint-) comes with printed inner sleeve.
2. The Tubes – Remote Control (A&M Records – AMLH 64751) made in Holland
1979 original first pressing LP | vinyl: NM (mint-) | cover: VG++ (excellent) 3cm split seams center left.
3. The Tubes – T.R.A.S.H. (Tubes Rarities And Smash Hits) (A&M Records – SP-4870) made in USA 1981 compilation Promo LP | vinyl: NM (mint-) | cover: NM (mint-)
4. The Tubes – White Punks On Dope +2 (A&M Records AMS 7323) made in UK original 3-track 12" EP | vinyl: NM (mint-) | cover: NM (mint-)
The Tubes are a San Francisco-based rock band that used a mix of progressive rock theater, multimedia, and scathing social criticism of America's television culture. The original line up consisted of Fee Waybil (Vocals), Rick Anderson (Bass), Prairie Prince (Drums), Roger Steen (Guitar and Vocals), Vince Welnick (Keyboards), and Michael Cotten (Synthesizer). Their live performances were surreal vaudeville shows in which songs became full fledged production numbers. The Tubes scored their first hit "White Punks on Dope" on their self-titled debut album released on A&M records. Their second album, “Young And Rich”, included their second hit single – the suggestive duet “Don't Touch Me There”. The Tubes released three more albums on A&M before being dropped in 1982. Capitol Records signed the Tubes upon their release from A&M and the Tubes released their most successful album to date, the concept album “The Completion Backward Principle”. “The Completion Backward Principle” contained the hits, “Don't Want To Wait Anymore”, “Sushi Girl” and the classic rock staple “Talk To You Later”. Their next release on Capitol was "Outside Inside" which featured the top 10 US single “She's A Beauty”. In 1985 The Tubes released “Love Bomb”. The album was not a commercial success and years of expensive tours left the band a half million dollars in debt. Capitol dropped the Tubes and lead singer Fee Waybill left the band.
The years that followed saw several personnel changes in the band, with Waybill ultimately returning to the band in the 1990's. While the Tubes have continued to release music, the fame and notoriety of the late 70's and early 80's remain as the bands true legacy.
- Artiest/band (max 3)
- The Tubes
- Meerdere titels
- Record titel
- 1. Young and Rich 2. Remote Control 3. T.R.A.S.H. 4. White Punks On Dope (12")
- Aantal artikelen
- (Veel 3x LP's + 12 "EP)
- Release Country
- Verschillende landen
- Jaar van uitgave (oudste)
- Jaar van uitgave (jongste)
- Near Mint (NM)
- Verschillende persingen
- Various labels
- Platenlabel nummer
- various art. numbers