Gorgeous hand-knotted Turkish Hereke Silk rug, silk on silk, vegetable dyes, abrash. It is in very good condition (always hanged on the wall). very clean, 900.000 to 1.000,000 knots/m²– collector's item. With certificate. please look at the pictures.
Let the photos convince you.
• Item number: 2535
• exported from Turkey before jan. 2015
• Knot density is 900.000 to 1.000,000 knots/m²
• Country of Origin: Turkey
• Size: approx100 cm X 70 cm (excluding fringes)
• Pile: 100% Silk
• Chain: Silk
• Condition: very good condition. (always hanged on the wall)
• Quality: Very high quality
• Processing: Guaranteed Handmade
With certificate of authenticity
The most famous pure silk carpets in the world are produced in the small town of Hereke, east of Istanbul. Due to the unbelievably thin nature of the silk fiber being used, weavers tie exceptionally high number of knots, thus creating more detailed, magnificent carpets. It is also not uncommon for metallic threads to be woven into the pile which only can be done by expert weavers. The sheer beauty and unbelievably strong raw material of these rugs, enables them to be used both on the floor or as a wall hanging. Hereke rugs are to last generations and is not only a rug but truly a work of art.
- Signed silk Hereke
- 100 cm
- 70 cm
- Zijde op zijde
- Land van herkomst
- Tweede helft 20e eeuw
- In zeer goede staat
- Professioneel schoongemaakt tapijt